Big results in 180 seconds? Okay. We are playing with words, but we are talking big results none the less.
Yearly at Together Center’s Annual Meeting, I have reminded the Board of Directors what we have achieved together in 90 seconds (in a bit of a silly race the clock) or in a sedate 180 seconds. Why so short? After a year of marking challenges and celebrating results, the Board has a very good idea of our organizational ups and downs. This review is simply a bit of confetti-tossing.
What happened in 2014? Here’s just a sampler:
- HealthPoint completed its $1.5 million expansion of their on-campus medical and dental clinics, in partnership with Together Center, greatly enhancing access to healthcare services regionally.
- We served 10,000 more people than in the previous years, thanks in part to a recovery from transition and the recession. 95% of the campus is now leased to support the medical, dental, mental health, housing, shelter, child care, disability and other needs in the community.
- The Center opened a new community room (with HealthPoint’s partnership) with space for significant training for campus staff and the community. Secondary Trauma (compassion fatigue) was an immediate training success.
- AtWork! and Together Center agreed to share city-owned property to meet mutual goals, and the City of Issaquah extended its $1,000,000 earmark to create a human service campus to serve the Issaquah area.
- We are growing funds to keep costs low for agencies, as we do more. We exceeded our fundraising goal and increased donated funds in 2014 by 54%!
- We’ve made plans for our 25th anniversary celebration on March 25, our inaugural fundraising breakfast. Celebrate with us by registering at www.togethercenter.org.